We want to help you enjoy success as soon as possible. So, we developed the Rising Talent badge to help highlight some of the best new members in the Upwork marketplace.
A Rising Talent badge may help you get started more quickly, grow your client base, and establish your reputation on Upwork.
We'll display the dedicated Rising Talent badge on your profile, proposals, and Project Catalog projects. You'll also get the following benefits:
- A one-time bonus of 30 free Connects
- Ability to offer consultations to share expertise with clients
Become Rising Talent
We highlight Rising Talent professionals who have demonstrated great potential either on or off Upwork. They usually have strong backgrounds in their fields, as indicated by their work histories and early success with Upwork clients. Rising Talent agencies are new agencies that either have strong backgrounds in their industries, as indicated by their agency's work history, or that were started by Top Rated professionals.
If you qualify to become Rising Talent, we'll email you to let you know the badge has been added to your profile. You won't need to take any action. You'll keep the badge as long as you remain eligible or until you earn a Top Rated badge.
To be eligible for a Rising Talent badge, you must:
- Complete projects on time and as promised to clients
- Maintain a 100% complete profile with accurate skills and genuine work
- Keep your availability status updated
- Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set
- Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
- Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days
- Have a JSS of at least 90%, if you've earned a JSS (you can earn a Rising Talent badge before you have a JSS)
- Have no holds on your account during the past 90 days
In addition, agencies must also have:
- 2 or more team members
- Maintain a 100% complete agency profile
- Maintain a 100% complete agency owner profile
- Maintain a 60% or higher average profile completeness across the agency
Remember, many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities that are available in the market. Even professionals who have yet to complete any Upwork projects can become Rising Talent if they have certified skills that are in demand.
Please note that it may take up to 48 hours to see the Rising Talent badge on your profile after meeting the qualifications.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a few reasons you may lose your Rising Talent badge:
- You receive poor public or private feedback from a client. We can’t tell you more about the feedback, like who may have left poor private feedback. Learn more about approaching clients about feedback.
- There is a hold on your account
Unfortunately no. Rising Talent is for freelancers who are starting out and have not had negative reviews. However, you can still earn a Top Rated badge if your future jobs are successful and get good reviews from clients.