The short answer is yes. Here's the long answer–the time it takes to receive direct Upwork-to-bank account payment methods, including ACH, direct to local bank, and wire transfers, are calculated in business days. Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays don't count as business days, so you may experience delays from the usual processing schedule because of U.S. holidays or holidays in your own country if you're not in the U.S. Payments from Upwork to vendors such as PayPal, Payoneer, and M-Pesa should not be affected.
Upwork has users in over 180 countries, so we must depend on you to be aware of the bank holidays in your own country.
The U.S. bank holidays in 2018 are
- January 1 – New Year’s Day
- January 15 – Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday
- February 19 – Washington’s Birthday/President’s Day
- May 28 – Memorial Day
- July 4 – Independence Day
- September 3 – Labor Day
- October 8 – Columbus Day (Indigenous Peoples’ Day in some locations)
- November 12 – Veteran’s Day
- November 22 – Thanksgiving Day
- December 25 – Christmas Day
Please contact your own bank for a list local holidays that could cause payment delays.