To help make paying your freelancers as easy as possible, we accept a number of billing methods, including PayPal.
Add PayPal as a Billing Method
- Go to Settings > Billing & Payments
- Choose the Add Method button
In order to use PayPal as your billing method, you must have a verified, active PayPal account in good standing.
Requirements and limitations
In order to add a PayPal Account:
- Your PayPal account must be verified, active, and in good standing
- You must have an active Billing Agreement with Upwork — this billing agreement is signed as part of the add PayPal flow on Upwork
- Your PayPal account must not be a student account
- Your PayPal account must be set up with a primary and back-up payment method
Please note that PayPal billing may not be available in your country.
PayPal is just one of the Billing Methods available at Upwork — learn more about your choices here.
PayPal Help Center
- How do I verify my PayPal acount?
- How do I add a card to my PayPal account?
- Where do I find the PayPal code to link and confirm my credit card?
- How do I confirm a debit or credit card that I've linked to my PayPal account?
- How much does PayPal charge when confirming my debit or credit card?
- Why do I need to confirm my address?