To help make paying your freelancers as easy as possible, we accept a number of billing methods, including PayPal.
Add PayPal as a Billing Method
- Go to Settings > Billing & Payments.
- Choose the Add Method button
In order to use PayPal as your billing method, you must have a verified, active PayPal account in good standing.
Learn more about verified PayPal accounts here. If you're having trouble activating or verifying your PayPal account, please contact PayPal for help.
Requirements and limitations
In order to add a PayPal Account:
- Your PayPal account must be verified, active, and in good standing
- You must have an active Billing Agreement with Upwork — this billing agreement is signed as part of the add PayPal flow on Upwork
- Your PayPal account must not be a student account
- Your PayPal account must be set up with a primary and back-up payment method
Please note that PayPal billing may not be available in your country.
PayPal is just one of the Billing Methods available at Upwork — learn more about your choices here.
PayPal Help Center
- How do I verify my PayPal acount?
- How do I add a card to my PayPal account?
- Where do I find the PayPal code to link and confirm my credit card?
- How do I confirm a debit or credit card that I've linked to my PayPal account?
- How much does PayPal charge when confirming my debit or credit card?
- Why do I need to confirm my address?