To add your verified PayPal account as a billing method:
- Click the Settings icon, and then click Billing Methods.
- Click the Add a Billing Method button.
- Click the Set Up button for PayPal and fill in the form.
- You’ll be returned to your billing methods list. Confirm that the correct method is set as primary.
- You may add multiple PayPal accounts, if desired.
Because PayPal as a billing method is not available to all clients, the option to use PayPal will only appear in the Add a Billing Method form if it is available to you.
Please note that in order to use PayPal as your billing method, you must:
- Have a verified, active PayPal account in good standing. PayPal student accounts are not eligible. The PayPal verification process varies somewhat from country to country. Learn more.
- Have at least one PayPal-linked billing method that isn’t eCheck, such as a credit card or bank account. Upwork is unable to accept eCheck billings through PayPal.
- Pay a 2.75% processing fee on all payments.
Some of the benefits of setting up PayPal as a billing method include:
- If your PayPal account has a different currency, a small currency conversion fee from PayPal may apply, but is usually less than that charged by your credit card.
- Update your funding source in your PayPal account as needed without interrupting billing on Upwork.
If your payment from a PayPal balance or PayPal-linked credit card is not credited to your Upwork account within 24 hours, please contact Customer Support by clicking here.