We know that security is important to you and your clients. Trust is always very important, since it is the foundation of any great working relationship.
To help create an environment where you and your clients feel secure and trust can flourish, one of the things we do is verify identity.
We may ask you to upload a government-issued ID to confirm your identity on Upwork. In most cases, we’ll be able to verify your identity within minutes. In other cases, we may need more information from you, or ask you to briefly video chat with an Upwork agent. We aim to respond to all inquiries within one business day.
You will need to take a picture of your government-issued ID in order to verify your identity. The acceptable forms of ID vary by country and will be listed on the form.
- This ID must include your picture, signature, name, date of birth, and address, with the exception of passports, which don't need your address.
- The documents we accept include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.
Note that we cannot accept:
- Student IDs, employee IDs, library cards, handwritten IDs, temporary IDs, photocopied IDs, military IDs, and health cards.
Don't crop, rotate, touch up, adjust colors, or alter the images in any way.
Your government ID should
- Be the same person as your Upwork profile photo
- Match the address you have on file on your Upwork profile
Tips for taking a photo of your government ID
- Take a photo of the front of your ID, without flash
- Capture the image from above, with your ID lying on a flat surface
- Ensure all four corners of your ID are showing
- Take the photo in color (at least 200 dpi)
- Upload your photo in PNG, JPEG, PDF, or BMP format
We encourage all Upwork users to comply with applicable laws. In fact, we require it in our Terms of Service. That said, we don't have knowledge of any laws that make it illegal to provide identification to someone other than law enforcement. If there is a specific law that you’d like to direct us to, we’re happy to look into it.
Yes, our third-party vendor’s automated checks will review IDs in any language, and translators are available in the case that a manual review is required.
If you do not pass the verification process, we will place your account on hold. The hold will prevent you from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. Once you successfully pass the verification process, we will remove this hold.
Any resident of the European Union can request that we delete their information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Once you request this, we have 30 days to respond to your request. To learn how to make a GDPR request to Upwork, click here.