If you choose to close your agency, your agency “company” will be closed and agency’s profile will be deleted, but your freelancer account will remain active. Your Job Success Score will update to reflect only your own personal contract history. This will include agency contracts where you were the one hired.
Only the agency owner can close the agency.
To prepare the agency for closing, you must
- Remove all team members from the agency in the Accounts menu (∨) > Settings > Members & Permissions
- Close all open contracts associated with the agency in My Jobs > Contracts
- Close all open proposals associated with the agency in Find Work > Proposals
- Ensure all payments have been received and withdrawn from Upwork
Then, you can close the agency
- Go to your Agency account > Settings
- Click “Agency Profile” on the left side of the screen
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Click the “Close my Agency” link
- If you meet the requirements, click the button to confirm that you want to close your agency