When a contract ends, clients and freelancers at Upwork have the chance to leave feedback about their experience. With Mid-Contract Feedback, a client can choose to leave public feedback for a freelancer before a contract has ended.
There are two types of feedback for contract at Upwork: public and private. Mid-Contract feedback is public. It will show on a freelancer or agency's Work History, but will not factor into their Job Success Score. Learn more here.
A client can choose to proactively provide Mid-Contract Feedback, or a freelancer can request feedback from the client. The contract must meet this criteria:
- 30 days have passed since the contract started
- There was payment on the contract in the previous 30 days
- The client has not provided feedback in the last 30 days
When feedback is requested by a freelancer, clients have 14 days to provide feedback. If a request expires, a freelancer can submit a new request.
- If feedback is not provided within 14 days, the request expires
- If feedback is requested and not yet provided by the client, the freelancer cannot submit another request until the 14-day window has passed
This public feedback will show in a freelancer's work history. There are no impacts to your Job Success Score. Learn more about how we calculate JSS here.