M-Pesa allows you to transfer your earnings to your bank account, withdraw cash, and pay for some goods and services with your mobile device. Upwork currently only offers M-Pesa as a withdrawal method for freelancers in Kenya.
To add M-Pesa
- Go to Settings › Get Paid › Add Method
- Click the Set Up button for M-Pesa
- Enter the details for your M-Pesa account and click Add M-PESA account
Note: Your first and last name must exactly match the name on your M-Pesa account and your verified name on Upwork.
For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days. Please ensure you have registered and activated your M-Pesa account before you add your M-Pesa information on Upwork.
M-Pesa is a third-party payment vendor. Their features and fees vary depending on how you choose to withdraw your funds from your M-Pesa account as well as the amount you choose to transfer.
- Go to Settings › Get Paid
- Under Payment Methods, find the one you want to edit
- Click Edit from the (...) options menu
- Edit your information and click Save Changes
Email addresses, bank account numbers, and bank codes can't be edited. You must add a new payment method if these change. Don't forget to remove the old payment method at that time, too.