M-Pesa, a money withdrawal method for freelancers in Kenya, allows you to transfer your earnings to your bank account, withdraw cash, and pay for some goods and services with your mobile device.
To add M-Pesa:
- Go to Settings › Get Paid › Add Method
- Choose the Setup button for M-Pesa
- Enter the details for your M-Pesa account and select Add M-PESA account
Your first and last name must exactly match the name on your M-Pesa account and your verified name on Upwork. This service is currently only available to freelancers in Kenya.
For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days. Please register and activate your M-Pesa account before you add your M-Pesa information on Upwork.
M-Pesa is a third-party payment vendor. Their features and fees vary depending on how you choose to withdraw your funds from your M-Pesa account as well as the amount you choose to transfer.
- Go to Settings › Get Paid
- Under Payment Methods, find the one you want to edit
- Choose Edit from the (...) options menu
- Edit your information and choose Save Changes
Email addresses, bank account numbers, and bank codes can't be edited. You must add a new payment method if these change. If you add a new payment method, be sure to remove the old payment method at that time, too.