If you accidentally signed up for the wrong account type, or you want to work as both a freelancer and a client — don’t worry! On Upwork, you can have both account types under the same username. Once you add both account types, you can switch between them using the account menu in the top right corner.
You can’t delete an incorrect or unwanted account type without deleting your entire account. It’s completely okay to let the incorrect account type exist on your account without using it. If you have accidentally signed up for the wrong account type, you can follow the steps below to add the correct type.
To add a freelancer account type:
- Go to Settings › My Info
- Open the Create New Account link at the bottom of the page
- Select New Freelancer Account
- Choose to Become A Freelancer
To add an agency or client account type:
- Go to Settings › Contact Info
- Scroll down to the Additional Accounts section
- Select the right option for you: New Client Account or New Agency Account
After your new profile is set up, you will be able to change between your client and freelancer profiles using the account menu.