Like most sites, Upwork employs cookies on our pages. We know that your privacy is important to you so we only use them when it’s important to do so — such as for personalizing content or analytics.
In order for our site to function properly when you use it, you must have third-party cookies enabled on your browser. If you are using a browser without cookies enabled, you may get an error message.
To access the full functionality of our site and to stop getting errors, you should ensure that you have cookies enabled on your preferred browser. The process for enabling cookies varies slightly depending on which browser you are using.
Open Google Chrome
- Click the “Customize and Control” button (three vertical dots, in the top right corner)
- From the menu, select Settings
- On the left of the page that opens, select the Advanced dropdown menu
- From this menu, select Privacy and Security, and then Site Settings
- On the Site Settings page, select Cookies and Site Data
- On this page, toggle off the “Block third-party cookies” option
In order to enable cookies in Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the “Menu” button (three stacked lines, in the top right corner)
- From the menu, select Options
- On the right of the page that opens, select “Privacy & Security”
- On the Browser Privacy page, select the Custom dropdown menu
- In this menu, make sure the “Cookies” checkbox is unchecked
Safari on iOS
In order to enable cookies in Safari on iOS 10.3.2 and earlier:1. Navigate to your phone’s Settings menu and select Safari
2. Set the Block Cookies option to “Always Allow”
In order to enable cookies in Safari on iOS 11 and later:1. Navigate to your phone’s Settings menu and select Safari
2. Ensure that the “Prevent Cross-Site Tracking” option is toggled off