Clients give two types of feedback regarding their experience with a freelancer.
- Public – Comments and star ratings that are shown on the freelancer’s profile. Requires minimum net contract payment of $1 to be visible.
- Private – Used by Upwork to assess the freelancer’s Job Success. This is an opportunity to provide information to Upwork that you may feel uncomfortable sharing publicly.
If you are the one who ends the contract, you leave your feedback in the End Contract form. If the freelancer or agency ended the contract, you’ll have 14 days to leave feedback.
- Go to the Freelancers > Past Hires.
- Select the freelancer who left feedback for you from the list. Click their contract title to see all the details.
- In the Terms & Settings section, click the Give Feedback link.
The feedback period is 14 days from the end of a contract. The system is double-blind, which means that feedback won’t be visible until both parties provide it for each other. If only one party leaves feedback, it will be posted after the 14-day period has expired.
If the 14-day feedback period expires before you are able to add comments, you can contact the freelancer and ask them to allow you to add feedback late. You’ll be notified once the option to leave feedback is available.