When you find a project you're interested in, you can use Connects to submit a proposal. Proposals are a great opportunity to introduce yourself to a potential client and show off some of your skills and experience.
This is also a good time to highlight how your expertise aligns with the client’s project and to suggest a next step, such as a chat or video call via Upwork Messages to discuss the project in more detail.
To submit a proposal
- Choose the Submit a Proposal button on the job post page
- Set your Hourly Rate, or Bid on fixed-priced projects
- Write an introductory Cover Letter for the project
- Answer any screening questions the client may ask
- Add attachments, such as work samples, to your proposal
- Choose the Submit a Proposal button
To learn more about creating winning proposals and succeeding on Upwork, check out these articles: