When you find a project you're interested in, you can use Connects to submit a proposal. Proposals are a great opportunity to introduce yourself to a potential client and show off some of your skills and experience.
This is also a good time to highlight how your expertise aligns with the client’s project and to suggest a next step, such as a chat or video call via Upwork Messages to discuss the project in more detail.
To submit a proposal
- Choose the Submit a Proposal button on the job post page
- Set your hourly rate, or bid on fixed-priced projects
- Write an introductory cover letter for the project
- Answer any screening questions the client may ask
- Add attachments, such as work samples, to your proposal
- Choose the Submit a Proposal button
Spamming or scamming others is against Upwork Terms of Service (TOS). Don’t repeatedly contact a client unnecessarily if they aren’t getting back to you before a contract begins.