Congratulations! Once your application to join Upwork has been accepted (Why might my application to join not be accepted?), you can submit proposals to jobs right away, but you'll have a better chance at getting hired if you do a few things to help you get started:
- Complete the Getting Started Checklist (on the Find Jobs page)
- Check out our Online Course for New Freelancers
- Complete your freelancer profile (including skills, portfolio, and certifications), which serves as your Upwork resume and is your most powerful tool for getting hired
- Download our free eBook "Build a Business You Love: Freelancing Tips from the Pros"
- Take relevant skill tests to increase your marketability