Live video/voice messaging is available in every Upwork Messages chat room. It also supports screen sharing while in a video or voice session on the web (screen sharing not yet available via the app). To start a video/voice conversation:
- Click the video icon at the top right of the room.
- This creates and posts a link accessible to everyone in the room. Click on the link to join the call.
Joining a call opens a browser window where you can see shared video and control your video/voice settings. The feature supports the latest versions of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
To provide feedback on the video/voice messaging feature, click on leave feedback in the top left of the video screen while on a call.
- Only users who are part of the room can join the call. To create a group call, you will need to create a group chat room first.
- Calls are available only on the web interface and desktop app. Mobile web and app are not supported at this time.
- Only 10 users can join the call. We plan to support larger group calls in the future.