Removing a contract's feedback to exercise more control over your Job Success Score (JSS) is one of the perks of the Top Rated program. Top Rated freelancers and agencies have earned this perk through consistently excellent delivery to their clients.
As a Top Rated freelancer or agency, you can request to remove one job on Upwork's feedback from your JSS. You can also choose whether to remove the client's public 5-star rating and comment (if any) from your profile. If removing that contract would cause your JSS to fall, we will leave it in your JSS calculations even if you choose to remove it from your profile. This prevents the hiding of a score/comment from ever negatively impacting your JSS.
To request feedback removal for a contract:
Once you confirm you meet our eligibility requirements (below), email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- The contract number you would like to have feedback removed from
- Specify "JSS Only" OR "Hide from Profile and JSS" — What's the difference?
Important Things To Remember:
- Your visible JSS may not change as a result of the feedback removal — Why?
- For jobs that are part of the "Reduced Fees with New Clients" promotion, there's no limit to how many times you request to remove feedback. To request feedback removal for one of these jobs, please include that the contract is a "Special Offer Job" in your request.
- For agencies, the request must be submitted by the agency owner, business manager, or agency admin.
This perk is available to all Top Rated freelancers and agencies upon entry into the program. Only one job on Upwork's feedback can be removed from your Job Success Score at a time. Jobs performed on Elance are not eligible. At least three months must pass and at least 10 new jobs on Upwork must be completed before you can submit another request. If you personally are Top Rated but your agency is not, you can't remove feedback from contracts that agency.
You can use this perk as long as you are Top Rated. If you drop out of the Top Rated program because of a dip in your JSS, you have two weeks from your status loss date to submit a feedback removal request.* Please submit a screenshot of the email you received confirming you have lost your Top Rated status with your feedback removal request.
* You can't request to have feedback removed if you were removed from the Top Rated program due to a suspension or Terms of Service violation.
The job, including public and private feedback, is removed from your JSS within 7 days after you submit your request. The change will be reflected the next time your score is updated. Your score may or may not improve at that time.
Why? The influence of other contracts added to or aged out of the calculations may outweigh the significance of excluding this particular job. Or the private measures being excluded may not have been as negative as you thought, resulting in little or no boost when they are removed from the calculation. Because of the complex nature of the calculation, there is no guarantee it will improve if you opt to remove a contract's feedback. You can't "undo" the exclusion if your choice fails to boost to your score.
The contract will remain visible in your work history, and will continue to count towards your total number of jobs. When you request to remove feedback from your Job Success Score, you have two options:
- JSS Only – Your public work history won't change. Your profile will still show the public feedback rating, comment, and any response.
- Hide on Profile – Your public work history will change. We'll hide the feedback rating, comment, and any response from your Work History and replace it with "This feedback has been removed."
The "removed" job will be excluded from your JSS either way. The feedback will also remain visible in the client's work history.
To find the contract number go to your Contracts page. Find the contract you'd like to remove and click on it. On the right-hand side of the page, in the Contract Details section, you will find the Contract ID.