Connects are used to submit proposals for jobs. Submitting a proposal to a job requires up to 6 Connects, depending on factors such as the size and type of project.
Use connects to submit proposals for all kinds of jobs on Upwork.
You do not need to use Connects:
- When a client invites you to bid
- When a client sends you an offer
- When you send a proposal within an Enterprise Talent Cloud
Connects cost $0.15 (USD) each and are sold in bundles of 10, 20, 40, 60, and 80. To purchase additional Connects:
Once you’ve selected the bundle you wish to purchase, click Add Connects and your account will be automatically charged.
Connects may be returned under the following circumstances:
- If a project is canceled by the client without making a hire, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned to you for reuse. This does not apply to expired job posts.
- If a job post has been removed by Upwork for a Terms of Service violation, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned for you to reuse
Note: Withdrawing your proposal will not return your Connects.
Connects Balance and Limits
To check your balance of available Connects, go to Find Work. Your available Connects balance is shown on the right.
Each month, your unused Connects will rollover until you reach the account maximum.
- Freelancer Basic and Freelancer Plus: The maximum Connects Limit is 140. You can rollover up to 140 connects each month.
- Agency Basic and Agency Plus: The maximum Connects Limit is 400. You can rollover up to 400 connects each month.