Don't worry if you don't see metrics for the availability badge and boosted proposals yet. We're rolling out those features gradually.
Having information about your engagement outcomes on Upwork can help improve your success. My Stats is a system that pulls your account’s activity data into reports to help you analyze and optimize your work. You can see where you are doing well, how you are doing compared to other freelancers, which marketing efforts are working for you, and where you might want to make changes.
View My Stats
To view the information, go to Find Work > My Stats tab. Data will first appear when you submit a proposal to a job or when a client hires you directly—whichever happens sooner. Until then, My Stats will encourage you to complete your profile if you haven’t done so already.
Here you can see:
- Client satisfaction and overall reputation on Upwork — See feedback from clients, including your Job Success Score
- Communication effectiveness — Track how quickly and consistently you respond when clients invite you to submit a proposal
- Analytics — Learn more about how your profile and marketing efforts are performing for you:
- See how many people visited your profile and sent you invitations
- Find out whether using an availability badge helped you get more views or invites
- Track how often you get hired versus how often you submit proposals to jobs
- See whether boosting your proposals helped you get more interviews and contracts
Some statistics won’t be visible until you have enough work history to calculate accurately.
Client satisfaction stats give you insight into whether your clients are happy with your work and how successful you are over time.
- Job Success Score (JSS) — A regularly updated measure of your overall reputation. Top freelancers maintain a score of 90% and above.
- 12-month earnings — Gross earnings in the past year (inclusive of service fees)
- Percentage of clients who would recommend you – Clients who have indicated they would recommend you to others.
- Percentage of long-term clients — This metric shows the percentage of clients you worked with for at least three months out of the clients you’ve worked with during the past year. This metric could be over one or multiple contracts and includes both hourly and fixed-price work.
- Recent account holds — Account holds and notifications of possible Terms of Service violations you've received in the past 90 days.
- Top Rated Eligible Weeks (see below) — The number of weeks in the past 16 weeks when you had either Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score above or equal to 90%.
Communication stats can help you see how responsive and communicative you are.
- Responsiveness — Your average invitation response time also shows on your profile. Freelancers who respond quickly often get better results.
- Invitation response rate — Freelancers who are successful and available for new work often try to accept or decline invitations within a day, every time.
- Availability — If you’re not available for new work, you can let prospective clients know. See and edit your availability under Hours per week on your profile or Find Work home page. If you get any invitations while marked unavailable, we won’t count those toward your communication effectiveness rate.
Analytics can give you a good idea of how well you present yourself to potential clients. Right now, you may only see data from the last month, but with time you can view stats for the past 7, 30, or 90 days. You’ll also see stats for this year and last year.
- Profile views — Number of distinct people who visited your profile. This report also shows if your availability badge was on or off each day and how many Connects you used on the availability badge.
- Invites — Number of invitations you received. This report also shows if your availability badge was turned on and how many Connects you used on the badge.
- Proposals — Number of proposals you’ve sent, how many of those were viewed by clients, how many of those resulted in interviews or hires. This report also shows whether you boosted proposals and how many Connects you’ve used to boost.
Calculating Top Rated Eligible Weeks
To earn Top-Rated status, you need to maintain Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top-Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress, looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. We update the count every Saturday.
The chart below shows how Top Rated eligibility can change week over week. As a new week is added in the week 1 row, an old week drops off from the week 16 row. Weeks with a JSS of 90% or higher are green, and weeks with a JSS of less than 90% are orange. Weeks with Rising Talent status are also eligible (green).
For example, in the week of 11/14, this freelancer was not Top Rated eligible because they only had 12 of the last 16 weeks at 90% or greater. The next week, 11/21, they became eligible because the most recent week was 90% or greater and pushed the oldest week, an under-90% week, out of the 16-week date range.
Frequently Asked Questions
Out of the past 16 weeks, you still have the same total number of eligible weeks as last time we checked. Eligible weeks must include Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score above or equal to 90%. Each Saturday we remove the week 17 weeks ago from the calculation and add the most recent week. (See the chart above for a visual example.)
For the count to increase, you must be eligible this week, but not have been eligible 17 weeks ago (Eligible Weeks count would go up by one).
For the count to decrease, you must not be eligible this week, but were eligible 17 weeks ago (Eligible Weeks count would go down by one).