- Wire transfers will be processed within one business day, but may take several to arrive in your bank account.
- Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds.
Upwork charges a $30 fee for each U.S. dollar wire transfer. For information on adding wire transfer as a payment method, click here.
- Wire transfers to non-U.S. Dollar accounts are subject to fluctuating rates of the foreign exchange market. Your bank will determine the exchange rate you will receive.
- Your bank may charge an exchange fee or currency spread in addition to or instead of the basic incoming international wire fee. If your bank uses an intermediary and/or correspondent bank, it may charge an additional fee. Please ask your bank about the possible fees.
Banks in some countries such as Ukraine and India require a memo along with every incoming wire transfer. When you select a wire transfer payment method, you will see a Remittance information field that allows you to enter a memo which will be sent along with your wire transfer.
- Banks process remittance information differently, so you should contact your bank to determine the format you need to use for the memo. Depending on your bank, it may or may not be visible on your bank statement.
- Custom remittance memos can be set on scheduled wire payments. The memo will remain the same for each payment until you edit it in your schedule.