If you see error messages, quit the app and then reopen it. This will force it to load any updates from Upwork. If the issue continues, check this list (below) of known issues and fixes.
Known Issues and Fixes
- Time-Caching Mode in the Desktop App
- Desktop App Download Failed
- My contract isn’t listed in the Desktop App
- Older version of Desktop App is running
- Virus warning or black screenshots
- Mac App Excessive CPU Usage
If that doesn’t help, how do I report a problem?
If you still experience problems, report the issue so we can help you. Here’s how:
In the app, click your name at the lower left of the Time Tracker window and select Contact Support. Explain what you’ve experienced and submit. It’ll automatically attach a log file we can look at to diagnose the issue.
If the problem prevents you from contacting us through the app, you can file this form. Please understand you may be asked to upload the log file manually and it could take a little longer to resolve the issue.
How can I find my log file?
If an agent needs you to send in log files to help diagnose an issue, go to the location listed below, then create an archive of your log files to attach to your ticket.
- Windows: %USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Upwork\Upwork\Logs
- Mac: ~/Library/”Application Support”/Upwork/Upwork/Logs
- Linux: ~/.Upwork/Upwork/Logs/
How can I reset my app?
Do NOT press the “Clear cache and restart” button in the app preferences unless instructed by Customer Support. This reset option will wipe your app’s user data and restore the app to default settings. You will lose all preferences, user settings, saved credentials, and any un-uploaded time cache. You can’t undo this action. Afterwards, it will be like you are logging in for the first time.