As a Top Rated freelancer or agency, you have the added perk of being able to occasionally request that we remove feedback that you have received from a client.
You can request for the feedback to be removed only from your Job Success Score (JSS) with the public score and comment remaining visible on your profile, or, you can request for the feedback to be removed both from your JSS and from your profile. If you or your agency is not yet Top Rated and you would like to receive this benefit, read about how to become Top Rated.
Certain restrictions apply to feedback removal.
- Requests may only be made every 3 months, and after 10 or more completed contracts from the time you submitted your previous request
- If you are an agency, your profile must be Top Rated to remove feedback from contracts performed by your agency
- Projects previously performed on Elance are not eligible
Remember that, even when you have requested feedback removal:
- Removing feedback does not always result in a change in JSS
- Agency requests must be submitted by the agency owner, business manager, or agency admin.
Request Feedback Removal
Once you confirm you meet our eligibility requirements (above), send an email to email@example.com with:
- The contract number where you would like to have feedback removed.
- Specify "JSS Only" OR "Hide from Profile and JSS"
- JSS Only – Your public work history won't change. Your profile will still show the public feedback rating, comment, and any response.
- Hide on Profile – Your public work history will change. We'll hide the feedback rating and comment from your Work History and replace it with "This feedback has been removed". Any responses to the original feedback will continue to be visible.
The contract will remain visible in your work history and will continue to count towards your total number of jobs.
In the client’s public job history, the feedback you received will not be displayed. Instead, it will say, “This feedback has been removed.” The feedback you provided to the client will remain visible. Also, if they responded to the feedback you provided, that too will be visible.
If you drop out of the Top Rated program because of a dip in your JSS, you have two weeks from your status loss date to submit a feedback removal request. Please submit a screenshot of the email you received confirming you have lost your Top Rated status with your feedback removal request.
You may not have feedback removed if you were removed from the Top Rated program due to a suspension or Terms of Service violation.
To find the contract number go to your Contracts page. Find the contract you'd like to remove and click on it. On the right-hand side of the page, in the Contract Details section, you will find the Contract ID.
The job, including public and private feedback, is removed from your JSS within 7 days after you submit your request. The change will be reflected the next time your score is updated. Your score may or may not improve at that time.
Why? The influence of other contracts added to or aged out of the calculations may outweigh the significance of excluding this particular job. Or the private measures being excluded may not have been as negative as you thought, resulting in little or no boost when they are removed from the calculation. Because of the complex nature of the calculation, there is no guarantee it will improve if you opt to remove a contract's feedback. You can't "undo" the exclusion if your choice fails to boost your score.
Only Top Rated freelancers and agencies are eligible for Feedback Removal. You may view a breakdown of all your freelancer stats on the My Stats page.
We only remove the client's star rating and public feedback from your profile. We do not remove your feedback to the client, nor the client's response to any feedback you have left them. This is still visible when you click the job title on your profile.