To post a job:
- Go to Jobs > Post a Job.
- On the Post a Job form that follows, fill out the details—you can always return to make changes later by clicking the job title under My Job Drafts. Once you post the job it may take up to an hour before your public job becomes visible in the marketplace.
Please note: You must add and verify a billing method before you post a job. If you haven't done that yet, go to the Accounts menu > Settings > Billing Methods, then click the Add Billing Method button.
Posting a job on Upwork is quick and easy, but not all job posts are created equal. A well-written project description, correct categorization, and accurate skills requirements may help to attract the right freelancers. And finding the right talent is critical to success. Check out the Hiring Resources for guidance targeted to the specific type of project you want to post (Web Design, Data Science, SEO, iOS, SQL, etc.). See how to craft a job description, what interview questions to ask, and other tips to help you identify - and hire - the best candidates.
Find More Advice in the Hiring Headquarters
- Writing an Awesome Job Post: How do you write a great job post that will attract freelancers with the skills and experience to deliver the results you’re looking for? Here are several awesome examples that illustrate best practices for job posts.
- The Awesome Job Post Checklist for Clients: How do you take your idea and turn it into a write-up that can captivate the right person for your project? Good freelancers are in high demand, and your project will be competing with thousands of others for attention.
- Find the Best Freelance Help with an Outstanding Job Post: No matter the reason for seeking help, there are a few simple steps you can take to help ensure that you are set up for success when searching for a freelance professional. This article looks at creating a job post on Upwork, and will link you to the right resources, right when you need them.
- 5 Ways to Troubleshoot Your Freelancer Job Post: You put out a call for proposals…and so far have received little more than the frustrating sound of silence. Was it something you said—or didn’t say? Here are five ways to help troubleshoot your neglected job post, so it can be easier for freelancers to find and harder to overlook.
- 10 Tips For Attracting the Best Freelancers to Your Project: Are your job posts attracting the freelancers you want to engage? We asked the Upwork Facebook community what they thought clients should include in their job posts to attract the best talent. Here is a sample of what they had to say.