You may have particular freelancers in mind for a particular job. You may also want to search for and invite freelancers to help move your project along more quickly. After you post a job on Upwork, you can invite freelancers and agencies to apply. The number of invites you can send varies per job to help match you with the most relevant talent.
Invite a freelancer or agency to your job
- Type a query into Search
- Browse and view matching freelancers and agencies
- Adjust filters to fine-tune search results
- Choose to view a profile or select Invite to Job to send an invitation
- Write a brief message and select a relevant job post
- Choose Send Invitation
Check your invitations by going to the Jobs Home page, selecting the (...) options menu next to your open job post, then selecting View Proposals.
- Accepted invitations will appear under Review Proposals › Messaged
- Declined invitations will appear under Review Proposals › Archived
To view unanswered invitations, open the Invite Freelancers tab.
Invites and job types
Different membership plans and job types include different numbers of invites.
- Marketplace members get 30 free invites per job.
- Featured Jobs allow you to send more invites, with a limit of 70per day, for $29.99 USD per Featured Job.
Upgrade your job post to a “Featured Job” for a one-time fee of $29.99 to send even more invites for that specific job post, with a limit of 70 per day.
In addition to more invites, the job post that you upgrade will show at the top of job search results for freelancers, the post will show a “Featured Job” badge.
Typically, invites are delivered instantly. There are instances when messages can be delayed up to an hour due to system updates.
You can invite up to 30 people to submit a proposal, unless you upgrade to a Featured Job where you can invite even more. There is a daily limit of 70 invites.
You’ll find that inviting only qualified freelancers to apply will increase your chances of finding the right person. Plus, these limits help prevent scam/spam.