If you believe your Upwork account has been compromised by a phishing attack or otherwise:
- Let us know! Report it to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Be sure to include your name, user ID, and an explanation of what you think has happened.
- Immediately change your password and security question. If you’re unable to log into Upwork in order to make these edits, it’s most likely because we put a hold on your account. This is a temporary measure we take to help protect you from further fraudulent activity.
For an overview of online safety and security best practices, please visit our Security Center. Or check out our complete online security series by clicking the links below:
- Step 1: General Electronic Security
- Step 2: Avoid Phishing & Malware
- Step 3: Detect Malware
- Step 4: Get Rid of Malware
- You are here — Step 5: Secure a Compromised Account