We take your security seriously. To help ensure that your information stays private and secure, we have implemented the following security measures at the system level.
System-Level Security Measures
- Password — You must log into the website with your user ID and password to access your personal information. You also must enter your user ID and password to log into the Upwork Desktop App.
- Security Question — Your security question is used to authenticate that you are the account owner. We added this additional level of security to prevent fraud and unauthorized access to financial information. You can make changes to your profile information only when you answer the security question.
- Mobile Phone Number — We highly recommend that you add a cell phone number to your account which can be used to complete ID verification and receive notifications.
- Mobile App Prompt — If you are using the Mobile App, we recommend that you include a prompt to your mobile app as one of your security measures.
- Authenticator App (recommended) — Adding an authenticator app to your security measures provides the highest level of security we offer, and we highly recommend it. When you log in, we will send a code to your authenticator app that you will enter to confirm it’s you.
While using a password is mandatory and we also require you to answer a security question at certain times (such as when you access your financial information), you can choose which of the other security measures to enable to protect your account. To make these choices, go to your account settings and choose Password and security.
Are you unable to log in?
If you are unable to log in, go here and follow these procedures to reset your security information